Security & Privacy
Coquitlam Flowers - Security and Privacy Policies
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data from you whenever you interact with our websites, when you use our services or when you sign up to receive any of our services. The types of personal data that we will collect, store, maintain or process includes the following:
Personal data you provide when you purchase from us
- Your contact details you provide when placing your order, including name, title, billing address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Recipient delivery details you provide when placing your order, including name, address, contact telephone numbers and delivery instructions.
- The occasions for which you purchase our goods and services such as birthdays and anniversaries
- Any personal data contained within the card message (e.g., names and birthdays)
- Details associated with the products you order
- When you make a purchase, your payment card details (in accordance with payment card industry standards)
- Your communication and marketing preferences including delivery updates and notifications
Additional Personal Data obtained when you use our website
- Details of your online browsing activities including pages you viewed, and areas of the website used
- Details of the type of device used to access our websites, your device IP address, and your device location
Additional Personal Data obtained through contact with us
- Details of your interaction with emails that we send you including links that you click and emails that you open
- If contact occurs between us, we will keep a record of that correspondence, including your name and contact data, and details of your customer care issues or other concerns
- Our websites are not intended for use by persons under the age of 18 and our terms and conditions require that a person be 18 or older when placing an order with us. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 18, please notify us with the contact information given below
How we use the personal data we collect from you?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
To fulfil your order:
- To process your order, including payment authorization via credit card or PayPal
- To provide recipient and delivery details to another florist who may fulfil your order, if it is to be delivered outside of our flower shop’s local delivery area
- To provide order confirmation, delivery status notifications on any order placed with us
- To carry out fraud prevention checks when purchasing with a credit card
For customer care purposes:
- To address any customer care issues that occur either with respect to our products or delivery services that either you or your recipient raise with us
- To contact you with any questions, possible changes or status updates to your order
- To obtain customer feedback, if necessary, with respect to an order either from you or your recipient (to the extent permitted under the applicable law)
For email marketing purposes:
- To provide you with occasion-based reminders and promotional offers
- To personalize your experience with our company by providing products tailored to you as found in your purchasing history with us. For example, a birthday reminder for a recipient you have had placed an order before for that occasion
You have the right to opt out of receiving email marketing communications at any time. This is accomplished in one of two ways.
- 1) By using the "Unsubscribe” link which can be found within every marketing email. This will take effect immediately.
- 2) By contacting us via email or phone asking to be removed from our email list. With this method your opt out request will be acted upon typically within three days, but no longer than one week
- Please note that you will receive communications with respect to fulfilling your order or for customer care purposes even if you choose to opt out of receiving marketing communications.
For internal business purposes:
We will use the personal data collected to help us to understand how many people visit our websites, how well the websites are working and to consider any improvements we may need to make in order to improve your online experience. It also helps us determine what products and services customers are interested in and may wish to purchase from us in the future.
More specifically, we may use your personal data for the following internal business purposes:
- To analyze our customers browsing and purchasing activity on our websites
- To analyze the demographic data we collect when customers place an order or otherwise use our websites including your address, IP address, browser type, and occasions for which you purchase flowers in order to offer you better products and delivery services.
- To ensure our online content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your electronic device(s) i.e. tailored for a desktop computer, tablet, iPhone or Android
- To analyze your responses to our email marketing campaigns
- To develop and provide new or improved products or services
- To analyze delivery location data provided when placing your order to understand the delivery logistics required for our company
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related matters, including cooperation with the police and similar authorities with their lawful queries and investigations
- To comply with any legal obligation for the purposes of good governance or regulatory guidance with respect to applicable law
How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy rights, and to ensuring that your personal data is safe and secure. We use administrative, organizational, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data. Our security controls are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized alteration, access, disclosure, and use. In particular, Nature’s Wonders Florist handles credit card data in a manner consistent with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
When and how we might share your personal data with third parties?
We will share your personal data with certain third parties in order to fulfil and process your order, enable us to perform our contract to provide your purchase to you, improve the functionality of our websites and to provide you with optional email marketing. The following is a list of types of third parties that may receive your personal data. Our 3rd party providers are all required to handle your personal data in similar accordance with appropriate data protection and security controls as we are.
Other FTD or Teleflora Member Florists: Nature’s Wonders Florist Ltd. shares recipient data with other florists in either the FTD or Teleflora networks for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your purchases. Such florists may, on some occasions, need to contact the recipient to assist in fulfilling your order. More specifically, the recipient may be contacted by telephone to schedule delivery or verify delivery information and availability. To maintain our high-quality standards, we may contact recipients to ensure satisfaction with their gift.
Payment Service Providers: In order to process customer orders placed with us, Nature’s Wonders Florist contracts with PayPal or FTD to receive credit card or account payments, ensure the security of your transactions, and to prevent or detect fraudulent transactions.
Website Improvement: In order to improve our online customer experience, Nature’s Wonders Florist Ltd. contracts with third parties who help us identify and make improvements to our website, provide website traffic data and website performance analysis information, and provide analysis on website performance.
Law Enforcement/Government Requests: We may be required by law to provide personal data to law enforcement, a government agency or in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legally valid enquiry or order, or to an investigative body or civil litigant including emergency situations. We may also disclose personal data when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with relevant laws, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, to prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, or to protect or defend the rights, property or safety of our users, others and ourselves.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
We fully respect that your personal data is owned by you and that you have certain rights with respect to the personal data. Our goal is to respect your rights. Please understand that we may have certain obligations to maintain personal data records despite your requests to exercise the following rights, such as for legal and accounting purposes. We ask that you read these rights carefully.
Right of Access (also known as "Subject Access Request”): To receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us and be prepared to provide a copy of two separate pieces of identification.
Right to Rectification: You may ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you, or to complete incomplete personal data
Right to Erasure (also known as "the Right to be Forgotten”): For a limited list of reasons, you may request that your personal data is removed from our systems
Right to Restrict: For a limited list of reasons, you may request that we cease using or that we suppress your personal data
Right to Object: You may object to our use of your personal data
Right to Data Portability: Where we use your personal data based on your consent or to enter or perform a contract with you, and our processing is carried out by automated means, you may request that any personal data you have provided to us be transmitted electronically to you or to another supplier (to the extent feasible)
Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with our supervisory authority, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/contact-the-opc/
Our contact details
One of the roles the director of our company has is to remain informed about and to ensure that we remain compliant with data protection laws. She should be your first point of contact if you have any queries or concerns about our collection or use of your personal data. The director can be contacted at:
Nature’s Wonders Florist Ltd.
60 East 2nd Avenue
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We may use technology to track the patterns of behavior by visitors to our websites. This can include using a "cookie" which is a small file stored on your internet browser. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser to prevent this happening - guidance for which is set out below. We also aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behavior of visitors to our websites. Cookies are also used as a further means of ensuring private and secure purchase sessions are operated within the websites.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser (for example, using Internet Explorer select internet options from the tools menu, then click security, followed by custom level and select disable cookies. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our websites if cookies are disabled.
Please note that you are not required to accept cookies or input any personal information into our websites in order to make a purchase. You are always able to instead choose to place an order over the telephone with our shop directly.
Revised: December 28, 2019